Friday, January 3, 2014

Let's give it another try....

Hi Stampers, So a number of years ago, I decided to start a blog because everyone was doing it. I've never been really active with it but when I just went back to check it, I realized that it has been nearly 3 years since I posted!! Yikes! That certainly has never been my intention....to start a blog then completely ignore it. I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, never with the intention that I would do a workshop, much less end up earning a couple of cruises and an income from doing what I loved! Over time, my kids got older and busier and I went from working at my profession (dental hygienist) one day a week to 2.5 to sometimes 3 days per week now. I felt like I couldn't put as much into my business as what I had done originally. When you don't work at something, I think you get into a rut. It's much like the dental profession, in that way. I have to take continuing education classes to maintain my license and keep me on top of what is going on in the dental world and with my profession. When I go to those continuing education classes, I leave with a new excitement for the profession---for things that are to come. And that leads me back to stamping...I have continued to teach my monthly clubs and have a class or two here or there but nothing like I used to. I can't really blame anyone but me. What I did notice, though, was that I wasn't enjoying it like I had in the past when I was teaching all the classes, doing the workshops and attending different events both with the Stampin' Up! corporate team and fellow demonstrators on my team and with those of my upline(s). Because I wasn't working at it regularly, it became less exciting and more of a chore. I LOVE creating, I really do and have decided it is time for me to get back to basics. The stamping and paper crafting world have changed dramatically in the past few years. It reminds me of the first time I used a computer to do the scheduling of my patients--I felt like a fish out of water! Now, I can't imagine not doing scheduling via computer, or x-rays, or charts--well, you get the idea! I am absolutely not a computer savvy person whatsoever and I think that is part of my aversion to blogging. What I can do is to make some really great stuff with paper, and cardstock and ink and glitter and ribbon and on and on and on! I just - need - to -do- it! Recently, while chatting with a fellow demonstrator in a demonstrator only group we are in,told me she was looking for several people to fill the roles on a design team. I "think" I can do this, said a little voice in my head. So after a few back and forth emails, low and behold, if I sign on the line, I will be part of this team. It makes me nervous even thinking about it BUT I am remembering how I felt when I first started as a demonstrator and I am feeling like this will be a very good thing for me. It will make me get back to the things I love and to be able to share that with my customers and anyone who happens to read or come across my blog. I hope you will check back soon to see if I did indeed, become a part of the design team and I also hope you will bear with me as this old dog learns new tricks! Thanks for letting me share with you! Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment