Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hostess gift--little bit of stamped art

Last week, I held a workshop for one of my Stampers and wanted a non card type of hostess gift. I happen to love the stamp called Love is Kindness from the Stampin'Up! Occasions catalog. It's perfect for using Blendabilities, too! For this project, I stamped the image in memento tuxedo black on two pieces of whisper white cardstock. Then, using my new pink pirouette blendabilities, I colored the tulips on both cards. Next, on one of the cards, I colored in the remaining portions of the image--wild wasabi blendabilites for the leaves and stems, the lightest of the crumb cakes blendabilites on the newspaper and then for the shadowing around the entire image, I used the lightest of the soft Sky Blendabilities. On the image where I only colored the tulips only, I fussy cut each of the flowers out. Then, I put the colored side of the flowers onto my Stampin' pierce mat and using the large ball end of my stylus, I went over the back of the flowers in a circular manner. This made the flowers curl a bit. Next, I cut some tiny pieces of dimensionals and adhered them to the back of the flowers then placed them directly over my fully colored image---the second image I stamped. Then, I adhered my fully colored image with the 3-d flowers on a piece of soft sky cardstock and placed it in a little dollar store frame. It's a quick, cute project that's a great hostess gift or gift just for giving! Thanks for stopping by 😊

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this picture. I saw it on facebook and thankfully you had your blog name in one of the comments. I am casing this for sure. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask, what size is this frame? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda
      Thanks so much for your kind comments. The frame is either 4x6 or 3 1/2 x 5. Not very large. I got it at a local dollar store.

      Delete